Here are some basic drills for improved agility and reaction time.
1. Agility ladder or line drills
2. Power side lunge and hold
• from side to side, jump lunge & hold single leg stance
• emphasize large amplitude & balanced hold for 3 sec
3.Cross over running
1. Drop Ball Drill (use tennis ball):
• Player stands ~6m back, coach drops ball from shoulder height, player must react and catch the ball before it bounces a second time
• Progression: have ball in either hand, drop one side only, player reacts
2. High kneeling postion, player reacts to sound of clap and jumps into ready stance (feet planted, hands up, head up)
3. Tennis ball toss:
• Coach tosses ball against wall with player standing 6-10m back. Player starts in ready position and must react to catch ball before second bounce.